Money—it is a fact of life for the legislator. It is widely understood that elected officials raise money for reelection. Less well known is how fundraising affects the work of legislators and the operations of Congress.
This meeting of the Legislative Branch Capacity Working Group will examine questions such as
• What role do members play in fundraising?
• How much do legislators raise and where does the money go?
• How do the duties of fundraising affect legislators’ capacity to serve their constituents and fulfill their duties?
• Are legislators happy with the system?
• Kevin Kosar, vice president of research partnerships, R Street Institute
• Hon. Steve Israel, former chair, DNC congressional campaign committee
• Zach Wamp, former chair, RNC congressional campaign committee