EVENT: Losers’ Consent: How do we stabilize our democracy?
The insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 was not an isolated incident; rather, it marked the culmination of the ongoing degradation of our political culture. A successful democracy relies upon the consent of its losers—both voters and candidates. But over the last two decades, American political losers have increasingly refused to consent to the winners. What can be done to reverse this trend and develop a healthier political culture?
Join us as we discuss this important issue on Tuesday, October 26, 1pm ET.
- [Moderator] Matt Germer, Fellow, Governance, R Street Institute
- Shaun Bowler, Dean of the Graduate Division, University of California, Riverside
- Jason Roberts, Professor, Political Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Artur Davis, Former U.S. Representative (AL-7)
- Sarah Walker, Executive Director, Secure Democracy
- Meredith Glacken, Founder and Principal, Foresight Messaging
|Topics:||Parties, Campaigns, & Elections|